Declaration of Transformation
We, the people, have the right to a healthy world of sustainable peace and prosperity. A government “of the people, by the people and for the people” has a duty to protect and promote the health and well-being of its citizens, promote peace by protecting liberty and providing justice, and create a future of sustainable prosperity for the present generation, their children and their children’s’ children.
When a government allies itself with powerful interests to the detriment of its citizens, the people have the right and the responsibility to bring about a transformation and we now declare that such a transformation is required. We acknowledge our responsibility to state clearly the causes that have led to our call for this action.
For thirty years, the government of the United States, under the leadership of both major political parties, has acted in ways contrary to the general welfare as mandated by our Constitution. The policies of the last five administrations have produced a legacy of pollution, war, and debt. Over these calamitous decades, our government has:
- Failed to free America from its dependence on foreign oil though technologies exist to do so.
- Broken our word with the international community by abandoning treaties such as the Anti-Ballistic MissileTreaty.
- Implemented international trade policies that cause our companies to move our jobs overseas.
- Fostered domestic policies that encourage the centralization of capital and approved mergers and acquisitions that destroyed millions of our jobs and reduced competition.
- Given favorable tax treatment to large corporations, putting our small businesses and family farms at a competitive disadvantage.
- Withdrawn from global initiatives to limit the pollution of the air and water on which our health depends.
- Ignored the findings of UN weapons inspectors and the objections of UN member countries in making war and failed to follow the constitutional process for a declaration of war.
- Undermined the democratic process and the public good by allowing representatives of major corporations and special interests to formulate public policy and legislation.
- Mismanaged our finances by accumulating a national debt in excess of fourteen trillion dollars—fourteen times the debt accumulated over America’s first two hundred years.
- Deferred taxes onto future generations which cannot vote which is taxation without representation.
- Reduced America to borrowing money from Communist China to finance our national debt, making us as dependent on foreign capital as we are on foreign oil.
We further declare that the transformational change that is required cannot come from within. Only those independent of the current political system can raise a genuinely transformative vision, a new hope for America and a new hope for the world.
We, the Vision Party, are committed to providing future generations of Americans with that Vision – a Healthy World of Sustainable Peace and Prosperity. In the name of our Vision, we pledge ourselves to a reinvention of America that will:
- restore the integrity of our democracy and free the innovative economic power of our small businesses and workers by decentralizing corporate power
- protect and promote the health of all people
- reclaim America’s destiny of ¨liberty and justice for all¨ by tirelessly, resolutely and peacefully advocating the extension of our inalienable rights of “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” to all humanity on which sustainable peace depends.
- make America financially strong by balancing the budget, paying down the debt and establishing a national savings account to pass on to our children.
Support this declaration by sharing it with friends and emailing it to the White House and your elected representatives. (Link to pdf)